Ecocity Builders offers a variety of opportunities to get to know us and to support the work that we do.
Whichever way you choose to get involved, we hope you get a taste of participating in a movement more timely than ever now. Halting and reversing our cities’ role in greenhouse gas emissions takes more than government and environmentalists. It takes each and every one of us to be aware of the issues — and how we might become part of the solution. At Ecocity Builders, your contribution helps support:
- Pioneering ecological concepts in urban transportation, landscape design, policy, and planning
- Engaging communities, government, and industry leaders in designing and building thriving neighborhoods
- Convening movers and shakers and urban and regional planning and community building at our International Ecocity Conferences
Sign up to be on our email list and receive:
- A monthly e-newsletter, Ecocities Emerging, chock full of ecocity development all over the world, words of wisdom from our founder, Richard Register, and articles and writings from other ecocity pioneers.
- Special invitations to events, slideshows, talks and lectures
- Updates on projects, action alerts, and more details on how to pitch in!
Since 1992, generous support from members like you has supported our mission to rebuild cities in balance with nature. Ecocity Builders nurtures great visions for healthier cities – for people and nature alike – and provides practical tools for building them. Support our programs through your membership donations. Ecocity Builders is a nonprofit organization, and donations are tax-deductible.
Make a one-time donation, or check out our wish list. What you don’t need might immensely help us! Or, contact us for planned giving and major gift arrangements.
If you live in the San Francisco Bay Area, visit one of our demonstration projects. You may be surprised; some of these projects are ubiquitous in some parts of the world now, but they were pioneering when we first came up with the idea. Others sound visionary now, but we strongly believe they will become a necessity in the very near future.
Hungry for more? Check out Richard Register’s books and writings, including Ecocity Berkeley, Ecocities: Rebuilding Cities in Balance with Nature, and others.
We welcome enthusiastic, talented individuals willing to learn from and contribute to the ecocity movement. Whether you are a seasoned event planner, a keen researcher /writer/editor, a shrewd policy analyst, or a GIS whiz, let us know your skills and we can work with you to create a flexible and meaningful experience.